Kalsec® is the leading global producer of natural spice and herb flavor extracts, hop extracts, natural colors and antioxidants that help food and beverage companies make their products look better, taste better and last longer…naturally™. We add value to our customers’ brands by providing innovative solutions while respecting the people and planet in which we interact.
For example, how does a salsa company create a consistent salsa with the hot and spicy flavor its customers love? Often, it uses our capsicum extracts to maintain a consistent level of heat, which keeps the mild salsa mild, and Uncle Harry’s favorite spicy salsa always hot.
We help provide natural ingredient solutions to thousands of food and beverage companies. Our ingredients improve the look and taste of products on nearly every shelf at your local grocer.
- Support the Supervisor to execute and manage customer and internal projects and sensory research to solve customer problems, develop presentations, demos, sell sheets, application bulletins, other tools and working within set time constraints.
- Work with sales team to ensure efficient execution of customer projects, meeting customers’ needs, relaying the results, collecting & sharing feedback on progress , learning and assist in commercial success.
- Prepare detailed reports describing research efforts, and when appropriate, presentation of research results to scientific conferences, customers, staff and/or other groups.
- Stay current on new, emerging technology, customer needs and competitive landscape (trade shows, journals, patents, etc.).
- Keep accurate and timely computer records and project notes in the computer systems, shared drive and in monthly reports.
- Monitor the lab inventory, ensure samples and raw materials are in stock and within freshness. Replenish samples and raw materials as needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area, complying with corporate safety and environmental policies.
- Support Kalsec’s Global and Asia business strategy and profitability targets.
- Work collaboratively with global R&D team to ensure deliverable for customer projects, alignment in training tools and other product and market positioning activities. Stay aligned in technical work methodology (product development and applications).
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Food Science / Technology, Food Chemistry or other related field.
- Executive with minimum 3 - 5 years of working experience in application, research & development or other equivalent experience.
- Culinary flair with ability to develop new and creative food & beverage prototypes on regular basis to customers.
- Basic understanding of food ingredients, additives and related regulation.
- Good command in both written and spoken English, able to interact professionally with internal and external parties and present information through written and verbal presentations.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office software (e.g. Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Possess interpersonal skills, analytical skills, independent, innovative, creative, self-driven and self-motivated.