🌐Cargill Palm Products Sdn Bhd:
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 155 years of experience.
We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries/regions who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Why Join Us
Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill’s long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
As Chemist, you will provide expertise with all daily operations in quality control laboratories. The analytical goal is to support the buildup and maintenance of the rapid technology platform by providing reliable accurate analytical figures, as well as performing validation and troubleshooting of new analytical methods, making sure it meets the requirement and deadlines.
- Provide analytical support to Rapid Technology Application platform by releasing precise and accurate results and ensure scope of testing parameter is sufficient to build MPA module.
- Provide on-going technical support to stakeholder, investigate quality problems and deliver improvement actions with follow-up.
- Perform method validation/verification to roll-out new testing method in the lab.
- Document SOPs, identify possible trends in testing results with data analysis software (by Microsoft/Minitab etc) and provide input to team members to improve quality control system.
- Organize and maintain accurate and pertinent data (e.g., spreadsheets, graphs, and reports).
- Maintains systems/techniques for reporting data across functional areas
- Organize and participate ring tests with the goal to check and control methods and equipment.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- "Able to work independently, possess positive working attitude with high initiative level, and communicate effectively"
- Minimum of two years of working experience in the chemical industry la
- Able to demonstrate sound understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC), method validation and report writing
- Knowledge in calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot various analytical instruments such as GC, HPLC, AAS, ICP, NIR etc
- Experience with chemical analysis (preferable)- oils and fats, starch, sweeteners, etc.
- Necessary English reading capacity
Location: Port Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
Cargill Palm Products Sdn Bhd
167 Jalan Kem
42000 Port Klang
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.