🌐Kuala Lumpur Kepong Berhad:
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Berhad (KLK), started as a plantation company in 1906 and today, the development of oil palm and rubber remains the Group’s core business. In over 110 years of operations, the Group’s sound management and strategic acquisitions have resulted in close to 225,000 hectares of planted area for both crops.
Our landbank extends across Malaysia (Peninsula and Sabah), Indonesia (Belitung Island, Sumatra, Central and East Kalimantan) and Liberia. KLK ventured into resource-based manufacturing in the 1990s to optimise value across the supply chain by vertically integrating its upstream business with downstream capabilities in oleochemicals, derivatives and specialty chemicals. Today, the Group is a global oleochemical producer with complexes located strategically in Malaysia, Indonesia, China and Europe. Our products are used in diverse end-use application, including home and personal care, pharmaceuticals, food and nutrition, flavours and fragrances, lubricants and industrial chemicals.
Property development became another key business as the Group capitalised on its strategic landbank location in Peninsular Malaysia. KLK made its first foray into property development in 1990 through the gated and guarded development of Sierramas, a joint venture with Tan & Tan Developments Bhd. The Group is presently focused on Bandar Seri Coalfields, a 1,001-acre township.
- Responsible for daily running and operations of the laboratory
- Responsible for in-process quality control, material quality control and finished goods quality assurance
- Implementation and documentation of ISO9001, ISO17025 and related Quality Management Systems
- Lead and monitor a group of supervisors and technicians in daily laboratory operations
- Involve in formulation study in surfactant field
- Involve in trial run, trouble shooting and conducting root cause analysis
- Master Degree or Degree in Oleochemistry, Chemistry or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years related working experience in QA/QC manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of formulation study in surfactant field
- Experience in handling laboratory instruments, i.e. GC, KF, Auto Titrator and NIR
- Good understanding of lab practices, ISO17025 and lab safety knowledge
- Competent in statistical data analysis and presentation of results
- Good interpersonal skills, teamwork, self-discipline and independent