🌐Nestlé Manufacturing (M) Sdn Bhd:
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage Company in the world. At our very core, we are a human environment – passionate people driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. A Nestle career empowers you to make an impact locally and globally, as you are provided with the opportunity to make a mark and stand out, as long as you seek it. With Nestle, you are enabled and encouraged to grow not only as professionals, but also as people.
We are looking for a Chemist to organize and manage a section of chemistry laboratory operation in all aspects of analytical related activities. Executing the first line supervision of laboratory personnel to ensure the analytical works are professionally carried out to ensure accuracy and reliability of analytical results Developing and maintaining an effective laboratory workforce by constantly improving the work methods and analytical competence of subordinates. Implement, maintain and review guidelines or quality system according to the MS ISO IEC 17025 requirements and Quality System. Provides support, assistance and guidance in the fields of GLP, Internal Control Plan to factory laboratories in order to ensure the proficiency and optimal functioning of the laboratories.
- Ensure implementation and continuous review of the Management System as per Nestle Quality Manual to maintain required quality standards
- Assures reliability of analytical results and evaluates accuracy and precision of the analytical results. Plan, implement, evaluate and review analytical method performance to ensure the lab capability is meeting the expectation.
- Establishes, implements and reviews the equipment maintenance, calibration plan to ensure that all ICP checks are executed well, and that checks can lead to early warning or detection of deviations
- Responsible for the validation, establishment, modification and implementation of new or existing equipment / methods in the chemistry laboratory and have a good understanding of equipment / methods used.
- Establishes and review daily work plan of the laboratory activities to ensure samples are analyzed and analytical results are meeting the deadline agreed on
- Ensure good inventory control on stock and supply of reagents and materials needed for the analysis.
- Plan and control the CAPEX and FOE (Laboratories materials, M&R, Labour, etc) cost following prescribed guidelines.
- Continuously seeks opportunities on cost savings without impacting quality of analysis
- Establishes in collaboration with the Manager, NQAC on the training program for the subordinate to ensure staff competency
- Coaches, trains and motivates her team to achieve targets
- Maintains good work discipline in her lab. Establishes the performance plan of staff and conducts reviews regularly with them. Appraises their performance on an annual basis.
- Leads and guides the team on occupational health and safety and environmental practices. Identifying and resolving potential laboratory chemical safety hazards and environmental issue involved with regards to the handling of chemicals, performing test in the laboratory
- Provide training, technical assistance, trouble-shooting to the factories in the area of laboratory operations especially with regards to Methods, Equipment, GLP and Internal Control Plan, Q-stat application etc
- Ensure good housekeeping and 5S in the workplace
- Function as Safety representative for NQAC, SA
- Participate in the GLP audit for factory
- Degree in Scientific Discipline (eg Chemistry, Biochemistry etc)
- Registered Chemist with IKM
- 3-5 years of working experience in laboratory
- Good knowledge & hands-on experience in any of these fields ; ICP AES, HPLC / UPLC - MS / MS, GC
- Able to anticipate, trouble shoot and resolve analytical issues/deviations