Air Selangor’s Water Quality Department is seeking for Chemist I in Laboratory Services Section at Sg Selangor Phase 2 Water Treatment Plant Laboratory to assist our team to achieve better customer experience and operation efficiency.
About Water Quality Department
Water quality department is crucial team in water analysis, investigation, system rehabilitation and research. We work closely with production and distribution departments to provide highest water quality to customer.
- Focusing in water analysis especially for organic compounds including sample pre-treatment procedures, analysis and research.
- Maintenance of laboratory accreditation system ISO/IEC 17025 and other management systems that implemented in Water Quality Department such as safety, environmental, business continuity and etc.
- As coordinator to design method for water treatment process improvement program and able to perform related water analysis.
- Provide strong support in budget planning and expenditure for laboratories.
- Participate in discussions and meetings with team members, assessing and addressing issues to identify, solve and improve water analysis/quality matters.
- Be part of emergency response team to handle and overcome source water pollution events.
As a TEAM, you shall at all times act with HONESTY, INTEGRITY and PROFESSIONALISM in providing HIGHEST STANDARD OF SERVICES to our internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry/Applied Chemistry
- Preferable member of Malaysia Institute of Chemistry.
- At least 5 years successful experience in analytical laboratory.
- Willing to work overtime and join Emergency Response Plan (ERP) when necessary.
Skills & Ability (Professional, Technical, Managerial, Practical)
- Water analysis skill especially in the field of liquid and gas chromatography.
- Skills in writing reports and present findings in both Malay and English languages.
Personal Traits & People Management
- Safety - conscious
- Possess good people management skills with unquestionable teamwork spirit, integrity and demonstrate the highest level of professionalism to deliver the best customer’s experience