Shell has been a partner in fuelling Malaysia’s progress for over 125 years. Our journey with the nation is intertwined – in as much as Shell has played a role in growing the country’s energy sector, Malaysia has also played a significant role in the company’s progress.
Our business has diversified from a modest kerosene venture to a group of companies engaged in every aspect of the modern oil and gas business.
Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities.
We helped pioneer Malaysia’s oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia’s first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater.
Shell’s strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country.
We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today.
Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.
If you are an Inspection Engineer with experience in delivering or managing integrity assurance, asset risk-based inspection, alteration, repair or replacement, materials selection, quality assurance and control programs, corrosion management in a Run & Maintain manufacturing environment, and projects or plant changes, then this is your chance to join Shell Malaysia.
The Inspection engineer is a position that has technical and leadership responsibilities. You will nurture the SMDS Culture of Lead with Courage, Make it Happen, and Make it Better that will drive the site to Best in Class performance as the World’s Leading Gas-to-Liquids Specialties facility.
You will be accountable to provide technical expertise and assurance in asset integrity, inspection, repair, and alteration in the effective life cycle management of Shell MDS pressure equipment, piping & pipelines including for projects and plant changes. This includes assuring Pressure Equipment Integrity management systems that deliver safe, environmentally sound, reliable, and profitable operations of the Shell MDS Complex, Solid Wax Plant, product pipelines, and Jetty.
You will also be responsible to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, industry codes, standards, and recommended practices, as well as Shell standards and best practices. You will be the site technical authority for asset repair and alteration works during Run & Maintain and in projects and plant changes. This includes coordinating the relevant statutory approvals required to implement approved inspection scope, repair, and alteration works.
You will be responsible to support the leadership and capability development of technical expertise in the areas of Inspection, Welding of Metals, and Pressure Equipment Integrity, providing coaching and delivering your tasks effectively and efficiently through continuous learning, improvement, and knowledge sharing.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Manage a healthy interface within the department, ensure alignment, sufficient quality assurance, and resource support to meet the target.
- Develop, provide technical expertise and assurance in the areas of asset integrity, inspection, repair, and alteration in the effective life cycle management of Shell MDS pressure equipment, piping & pipelines including for projects and plant changes. This includes assuring Pressure Equipment Integrity management systems that deliver safe, environmentally sound, reliable, and profitable operations of the Shell MDS Complex, Solid Wax Plant, product pipelines, and Jetty.
- Develop and implement effective asset inspection monitoring programs on all Shell MDS assets, including responsibility for sound work process management, prioritization of activities, competence, and inspection monitoring program quality.
- Develop and continuously improve existing and new procedures, performance standards, work instructions for pressurized equipment, piping, and pipeline inspection, repairs, alterations, welding, and material quality assurance. Responsible to ensure all technical assurance documentation is of high quality, reviewed timely and that procedure users are fully aligned and comply with procedural requirements outlined. At times, required to develop, review, and execute ad-hoc procedures for specific challenges faced to ensure integrity and availability of assets are not compromised in the course of the required work.
- Sustains an overall site view on asset integrity risks, develop and implement sound mitigation plans to manage dynamic operating conditions, for example, temporary repairs database, hotspot monitoring, integrity operating windows, corrosion under insulation, etc. Effectively execute the inspection, repair, alteration, quality assurance, and control activities in accordance with HSSE standards.
- Designated Site Process Focal Point for effective inspection planning, SAP, and wIMS (SuperUser). Responsible for the quality and health of these databases.
Location: Bintulu, Sarawak