🌐IMU Education Sdn Bhd:
The International Medical University (IMU) in Malaysia was established 24 years ago in line with the Malaysian government objective of making the country a leading centre of educational excellence in the region and providing more Malaysian students the opportunity to achieve their aspiration to become doctors, pharmacists and nurses. The University enjoys an international reputation, and provides a high standard of education at undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing professional development level. Its programmes consist of both local tracks (IMU degree), as well as international partner tracks (partner university degree).
General Laboratory Operation and technical duties
- Manage the day-to-day assigned laboratory tasks, including but not limited to equipment maintenance, QA and QC activities and general administration of the laboratory.
- Provide technical support to research personnel.
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA policies, ISO 45001 and related safety procedures.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement activities for laboratory services and laboratory safety
- Manage requests for purchases (internal and external) from research projects, testing services and lab operations.
- Assist project manager for CAPEX expenditure – initiate RFP process, formation of technical working group and technical evaluation committee.
- Keep laboratory central stock supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders and verifying receipt.
- Management of inventory of equipment and parts.
- Maintain records of procurement (PR, PO, DO and invoices).
- Acts as liaison between suppliers and involve faculty /researchers to resolve procurement related problems.
- Work cross-functionally with lab operations, quality assurance, and testing service teams to schedule and manage required material and equipment qualification.
- Evaluate supplier capabilities regarding quality, technology, service, and timeliness; reconcile discrepancies in invoicing and good receipts as necessary.
Lab Quality Management System
- Responsible for proficiency in all related department SOP’s, with general knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 17025 and ISO 45001.
- Maintain up to date records on all procedures and protocols applicable to work duties.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Minimum a Diploma in Science or Lab Technology.
- At least 2 years' experience working in research lab environment.
- Relevant experience in lab procurement process.
- Knowledge in lab information systems is desirable.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Capable of prioritizing tasks to meet goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Benefits and Others:
Dental, Education support, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Formal (e.g. Shirts + Ties), Regular hours Mondays-Fridays, Healthcare follow clinic hours
Interested applicants are welcomed to apply via e-mail to email@example.com along with their complete CV as attachment, e-mail address, contact number and names & contact details of three referees.
Salary scales would be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. We thank all candidates for their expressed interest, however, only those who are shortlisted for an interview will be notified.
Posted Date: 10/03/2021