🌐Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) - Sungai Long Campus
Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering and Science
Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering and Science
Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) was officially launched on 13 August 2002 as a not-for-profit private university providing affordable quality education. It is established under the UTAR Education Foundation and registered under the Malaysian Private Higher Educational Institutions Act 1996.
Guided by its vision to be a global university of educational excellence, UTAR is highly reputed as one of the fastest growing private higher education institutions in the country with phenomenal growth in all aspects of its development since its inception. With the first intake of only 411 students in its Petaling Jaya campus in 2002, the University’s enrolment has now reached about 22,000 students with campuses located in Kampar, Perak and Bandar Sungai Long, Selangor.
UTAR has graduated over 72,000 students since its inaugural convocation in 2005 and has made impressive strides in establishing a strong reputation as a comprehensive University with dedication to achieving excellence in teaching and research. The University currently offers 129 academic programmes from Foundation Studies to Bachelor's, Master’s, and PhD degrees in the fields of Accounting, Business and Economics, Actuarial Science, Mathematics and Process Management, Agriculture and Food Science, Arts, Social Sciences and Education, Creative Industries and Design, Engineering and Built Environment, Information and Communication Technology, Life and Physical Sciences, and Medicine and Health Sciences.
The Sungai Long Campus is located in Bandar Sungai Long, a main township in Kajang, Selangor. It is a purpose-built campus with surrounding facilities and services that support banking, housing, public transport, shopping and meals for the convenience of the students.
On 1 June 2015, UTAR relocated its campuses and offices from Setapak, Kuala Lumpur and Section 13 Petaling Jaya to its own campus in Sungai Long in a move to consolidate and strengthen the University’s presence in the Klang Valley. This move to Sungai Long was one of the most defining moments in UTAR’s history as the University continues its next decade of excellence in education.
- PhD / Master's / Bachelor's degree in related disciplines
- Strong interest and expertise in teaching, research and be involved in scholarly activities
- Candidates without a PhD degree but with Professional Qualification (e.g. Sr., Ar. PEng, CEng, etc.), good teaching, research and publication records from reputable universities may be considered
Related Discipline Include:
- Civil Engineering: Bridge Engineering / Geotechnical Engineering / Railway Engineering / Building Information Modelling (BIM) / Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Software Engineering (Candidates must possess a PhD or MSc in Software Engineering / Computer Science): Mobile and Web App development / Cloud Computing / Cyber Security / Digital Forensics / Data Science and Big Data Analytics / Artificial Intelligence / Computer Networks
- Mechanical Engineering: Mechanical System Design / Computer Integrated Manufacturing / Refrigeration and Air-conditioning / Mechanical Vibrations / Computational Fluid Dynamics / Thermofluids / Combustion
- Mechatronics and Biomedical Engineering: Industrial Automation and Automation / Mechatronics System Design Architecture & Sustainable Design: Architecture Programme (Candidates must possess minimum LAM Part II with industry experience) / Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Quantity Surveying: Professional Practice and Procedure / Construction Law and Contract / Building Information Modeling (BIM) / Measurement of Building Works / Measurement of Civil and Infrastructure Works / Technical Drawing and CADD / AutoDesk Revit / Digital Construction
- Mathematical and Actuarial Sciences: Quantitative Risk Management / Stochastic Process / Actuarial Science / Financial Mathematics / Quantitative Finance / Data Analytics / Cryptography
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering: Electrical Power System / Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Chemical Engineering: Process Control / Process and Plant Design / Process Simulation / Natural Rubber and Polymer / Oil and Gas / Refinery / Biomaterials / Glove manufacturing / Edible Oils / Food and Beverage
Location: Sungai Long, Kajang, Selangor
Interested applicants are requested to submit an online job application via UTAR Career website (https://careers.utar.edu.my/) or send their CVs together with copies of all academic transcripts and supporting documents to email@example.com. Applicants are requested to state the position applied, current and expected salaries, and telephone number in the email.
Division of Human Resource (Talent Management)
Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) DU012(A)
Jalan Sungai Long, Bandar Sungai Long, 43000, Kajang, Selangor.