🌐University Malaya Clinical Investigation Centre:
CIC is a dedicated unit for conducting clinical trials at University Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC), a 1200-bed referral centre and Malaysia’s premier teaching hospital established under the Dean’s office at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya and functions as a Clinical Trial Management Organization and a “one-stop” centre designed to facilitate the conduct of safe and credible clinical research by providing a unique collaboration of academic excellence and experience.
- The post holder will have the leading role in planning, coordinating, overseeing and efficient day to day management of clinical trial/research.
- Ensuring the timely recruitment of trial participants with secure randomization processes and subsequent efficient and effective maintenance and retention.
- Monitoring trial progress to ensure compliance with and adherence to the project plan and to identify, evaluate and rectify problems.
- Act as the point of contact for all Contract Research Organization (CRO) and pharmaceuticals collaborating with the organization.
- Understand the requirements of the various controlling bodies, agencies and frameworks, guiding the project in conforming to those requirements and coordinating any necessary audit processes.
- Liaison officer within the departments of UMMC and UM for the conduct of clinical trial and also contribution of data required for KPI fulfillment.
- Writing and contributing to preparation of Research Division Document Quality and policies related to conduct of research.
- Work with the Principal Investigator to ensure that the trial is meeting its targets, is producing meaningful output and to predict and plan any changes that warrant requests to changes in protocol.
- Supporting the sponsors/CROs for feasibility studies and assisting Investigators for Site Selection Visit/Site Qualification Visit and Site Initiation Visit.
- Prepare, Reviewing and negotiating budget for all clinical trial budgets and staff requirements and monitor required resourced for the conduct of a clinical trial.
- Minimum requirements: Posses Recognized Degree in Biomedical Science/ Biosceince/Pharmacy/Nursing and certified by Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) and Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA).
- Good command of written and spoken English and Bahasa Melayu
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, with ability to work with people at all levels and team player
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision. Should have excellent communication and presentation skills, together with the ability to demonstrate flair, enthusiasm, innovation and leadership when faced with challenges and will provide strategic, tactical and operational management skills
- Previous experience in the management and co-ordination of clinical trials is desirable but not essential.
- Able to use Microsoft Office/Power Point/Excel/Publisher applications
Interested applicants are invited to submit a comprehensive resume stating personal particulars, qualification, employment history, current & expected salary, contact details and a recent passport-sized photograph by 13th July 2020 to:-
Clinical Investigation Centre (CIC) 5 th Floor,
East Tower University Malaya Medical Centre
59100 Lembah Pantai
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: 03-7949 2886/03-79492351