With us you will work in an international company open for ideas and different cultures. We offer our employees numerous advantages starting with an attractive salary based on competency and experience as well as a performance-related bonus. The Purpose of the Job Coordinates technical work programs associated with Innovation & Technical projects, responsible for delivery of technical objectives. Has a detailed understanding in a specific technical area and is able to bring new thinking in these areas. Works closely with a team of other technical staff and is expected to develop working relationships with Operational, Commercial and Regulatory colleagues to support delivery of business objectives.
- Pro-actively identify, report on, and improve safety related issues using available tools and systems
- Responsible for ensuring the department comply with site SHE and QMS procedures
- Execute analytical related work in supporting the development/improvement of products as well as generating a knowledge base for the Materials Characterisation team.
- Ensure that the maintenance and calibration of GC, GC-MS, FT-IR, HPLC and GPC, and the sample preparation is of a high standard. Responsible for the development of new analytical methods.
- Good understanding in a specific technical field and can apply this knowledge effectively
- Apply a high level of scientific rigor to the analysis and assessment of data and to draw and present conclusions.
- Executes technical work programs and supporting other key functions such as Operations Support, Technical Service and Regulatory.
- Works closely with a team of other technical staff & is expected to build strong relationships both within the local community but also within the Global network.
- Liaise with internal & external contacts as necessary to track and communicate service activity status.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of Materials Characterisation/Analytical improvements.
- Provide improvement efficiencies to the lab via methodology or instrumentation advancements.
- Building a network within wider organisation, e.g., technical, business units, production, etc
- To have comprehensive understanding of Companies’ products & applications & to be aware of the full range of products.
- Develop and grow junior staff by transferring knowledge and skills as appropriate.
- Deputise when the manager is not present; be the go-to in the lab for work requests liaising with customers as necessary, provide technical insight to staff and customer, supervise staff.
- Responsible for leading and delivering technical programs within defined innovation or support project, including delegation of work to others where required.
- Holding at least a Master’s degree in Chemistry or any related studies.
- More than 5 years working experience in R&D.
- Competent in instrumentation, data analysis, data interpretation and research presentation.
- Candidate who have positive and flexible attitude.
- Strong customer services skills to work with internal and external customers.
- Attention to detail, a self-starter who enjoys working in laboratory work environment.
- The role will be based at Synthomer office in Kulai, Johor.
Location: Pasir Gudang, Johor, Malaysia