Alcon is the global leader in eye care, dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. With our 70-plus-year heritage, we are the largest eye care device company in the world – with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care. Being a truly global company, we work in over 70 countries and serve patients in more than 140 countries. We have a long history of industry firsts, and each year we commit a substantial amount in Research and Development to meet customer needs and patient demands.
- Constantly review and analyze current equipment performance to identify and propose potential improvement opportunities, especially Automation on system / equipment / machinery, in order, but not limited to, enhance machine serviceability, reduce downtime, increase throughput, reduce rejects and cut down running cost.
- Study and review existing manual processes at manufacturing and identify opportunities for transformation into automated systems
- Lead Engineering Automation and improvement project development from URS until release to production.
- Design and write engineering study protocol and execute the protocols which include data collection, analysis and provide recommendation if further improvement is required.
- Provide engineering support to Production, Engineering and QC in terms of process improvement, repairs, troubleshooting of automation and control system, calibration and process validation.
- Initiate cost reduction, cost saving, machine set-up and improve efficiency of PM and machines repairs time.
- Lead engineering support activities, including existing process validation/ annual revalidation, operational equipment/material upgrading qualification, engineering study related to NCR & CAPA’s.
- Guide and lead team of technicians for Lean and Kaizen activities/ projects.
- Establish and ensure SOPs and documentation are compliance with OSHA, ISO 13485, GxP and US regulations.
- Adherence to Alcon values and behaviors, observe and ensure full compliance with Alcon Code of Business Conducts, and Alcon Health, Safety and Environment Standards
- Degree in Engineering (+5 years relevant experiences)
- or Diploma in Engineering (+8 years relevant experiences)
- At least 5 years of experience in machine automation, equipment installation, start-up, operation, maintenance, calibration and process engineering for high volume of food industries, electronics/electrical industries, high precision plastic molding industries, medical devices or pharmaceutical industries.