🌐Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
- Conduct on-site installation of complex equipment and follow testing procedures to ensure proper working order
- Conduct on-site scheduled planned maintenance visits
- Provide troubleshooting and repair support for customers and other field service personnel
- Cultivate and develop positive working relationships with customers, system users and company personnel
- Travel, often on short notice, to customer sites to resolve problems or support other field service personnel
- Complete and submit field service reports
- Provide training for customers and users on system maintenance
- Provide feedback to product quality teams
- Provide appropriate input in writing updating and correcting various Thermo Fisher system documentation
- Provide input for various reports including identifying and isolating unique problems with system
- Act as a subject expert and resource for training
- Typically requires a University degree or equivalent experience in electronic system / Chemical Engineering / Application Chemist / Analytical Testing Lab environment.
- Typically requires approximately 5-10 years hands on technical experience installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating complex analysis tools, General Lab instruments.
- Must have a thorough understanding and extensive experience troubleshooting and repairing for cooling system like Freezer, Lab refrigerator, Chiller, etc.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; must have a professional working proficiency in English
- Proven ability to troubleshooting complex systems and subsystems down to component level
- Experience in Analytical instrument like UV, FTIR, AAS, GC,LC or MS will be added advantages.
- Literate in MS DOS and Windows software environments
- Able to read and interpret schematics
- Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work independently with limited supervision in a dynamic environment.
This position is ideal for an experienced service engineer wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of General Lab Products.