Synthomer is a leading producer of emulsions and speciality polymers. Our products are used in various industries such as paper, construction chemistry and paints or are used as essential raw materials in the production of protective gloves and medical devices. Our success is based on the close cooperation with our customers and a high production competency with company-owned sites and laboratories in our most important markets worldwide. In the last five years, we have grown very dynamically. We want to pursue this path and are looking to recruit motivated and competent staff.
Purpose of the Job:
- Responsible as Site Responsible Engineer in accordance to Company requirements.
- Lead Engineering function for PG Site supporting MST and QP, as well.
- Senior member of the Site Leadership Team, working with the Site Leader to deliver the Manufacturing Strategy for the site aligned with the business needs.
- Owner of the Site Asset Improvement Plan, defining and executing the medium-term plan to drive improved asset integrity, plant reliability, reduced maintenance cost, and extend equipment life. Accountable for overall site maintenance & reliability program effectiveness, defining critical equipment, defining and executing the reactive, planned and predictive maintenance practices needed, and ensuring continuous improvement and problem solving capabilities are in place and effective.
- Owner of the site Inspection programme, defining registered equipment and associated inspection frequencies and methods, acting as the site accountable person when dealing with regulatory authorities (DOSH) for engineering integrity.
- Leading and motivating the Site Maintenance Team in executing day to day maintenance, including performance management, defining training & organisation and personal development plans, including any technical competencies necessary to achieve site and departmental objectives.
- Lead the maintenance team to deliver full compliance with Synthomer’s safety practices, following all plant safety requirements and lead/participate in activities to continuously improve safety performance.
- Monitor all unplanned events and report all failures, incidents and accidents.
- Ensure root cause analyses are conducted with resulting implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
- Maintain up to date engineering documentation consistent with legal and Company requirements.
Site Responsible Engineer
- Ensure that Functional engineers where required under SHEMS are formally appointed (in conjunction with the relevant Global Lead Engineers).
- Identify and assess equipment and systems that are to be designated Critical Equipment and Controlled Equipment.
- Ensure that such equipment and any modifications to plant or operation are reviewed, registered and registers maintained with necessary files.
- Establish and maintain programmes of Periodic Inspections and inspection frequencies to fulfil both SHEMS and regulatory requirements including; Acting as the site accountable person when dealing with regulatory authorities for engineering integrity, Appointing or approving suitable person/organization to carry out the Periodic Inspections, Ensuring that schedules of inspection dates (and protective system test dates) are kept, and that overdue inspections are clearly marked and reported.
- Line management responsibility for implementing and maintaining local standards (e.g. local procedures, compliance auditing, consistency of management systems).
- Verification of organizational competence of the site/facility for engineering standards and safety, training and development of site based nominees or arrangements for maintaining familiarity with site issues for remotely based Functional Engineers.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in an Chemical or Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- At least 10 years’ experience managing maintenance and reliability in the process industry.
- Chartered Engineer Status.
- Have a proven track record in change management and experience of managing multi-disciplinary team.
- Familiar with SAP module for Maintenance, Reliability Engineering Principles and world class Maintenance reliability benchmarking would be highly desirable.
- Good English communication skills.
Location: Pasir Gudang, Johor, Malaysia