Synthomer is a leading producer of emulsions and speciality polymers. Our products are used in various industries such as paper, construction chemistry and paints or are used as essential raw materials in the production of protective gloves and medical devices. Our success is based on the close cooperation with our customers and a high production competency with company-owned sites and laboratories in our most important markets worldwide. In the last five years, we have grown very dynamically. We want to pursue this path and are looking to recruit motivated and competent staff.
Purpose of the Job:
Provide technical guidance and process engineering expertise to the shift supervisor to facilitate the achievement of productivity KPIs. Analysis of the plant operations performance to identify plant performance issues and performance improvements, with a focus on cycle time and quality. Support site process safety management routines and provide process safety guidance relative to plant basis of safe operating requirements. Support the Operations Improvement Team (OIT) in delivering additional OEE improvement and the development of project concepts by identification and remediation of technical/plant issues.
- Follow all plant safety requirements and participate in activities to continuously
improve safety performance. Participate in any safety meetings as assigned.
- Provide technical and process safety support to the production team during each
- Provide the initial Root-Cause Problem-solving activities of the production process
and technical investigations resulting from incidents or customer complaints.
- Support plant operations in identifying plant performance issues and develop
solutions to deliver demonstrated cycle times, quality, profitability expectations
- Involved in process surveillance of the plant, monitoring, and driving tighter process
control by utilizing IT/technology to best effect
- Involved in process safety risk reduction program for PG site such as design
influence, routine hazard studies, risk assessment activities &, etc.
- Support in plant trials and new product introduction.
- Support on develop process improvement proposals/projects
- Support on engineering documentation updates such as P&ID, LIA, process
datasheet, equipment, and instrument data sheet as well as SHE critical equipment
- Support on operation documentation update such as production work instruction and
batch logsheet/check sheet.
- Support commissioning activities for new or modified equipment or processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the technical plant manager.
- Degree in chemical or polymer engineering and 3+ years experience preferred
- Supporting 12-hour shift working schedule
Location: Pasir Gudang, Johor, Malaysia